Saturday, August 9, 2008

Bloggers Challenge 59 the same but different...


This entry offers you several sneak peaks into some new Sweet 'n Sassy stamps that will be revealed on September 1.

This weeks Bloggers Challenge is to make cards that are the SAME but DIFFERENT. Different colors and different stamps. I enjoyed this challenge, so I made three cards!

This first card I used 2 new stamps! One was the Shady Daisy background - that I LOVE, my hubby said he thought it was a XEROX. LOL It also showcases the NEW Thanksgiving Scripture set from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps.

Cardstock and Ink: Basic Black, Whisper White, Brushed Silver
Accessories: Dew Drops, Dimensionals, Mini GLue Dots, Black grosgrain, Paper Piercing Tool, Mat Pack


Ohhh, this card I made for a contest several weeks ago, but never finished it and it was due July 1, and here is sits on my desk, so you can see it never made it for submission either. LOL

I used Whipper Snapper Designs Swing Monkey stamp set. I cut out the branch of the tree with a craft knife and popped it up. I colored the image with Copics.... The tree and the monkey are seperate stamps, along with the ice cream cone, so I paper pieced everything together. popped the branch up with a dimensional and the ice cream cone too. You can see the other angle below...

Here are the details:
Stamp Sets: Whipper Snapper Designs - Swing Monkey, ICe cream cone and words.
Cardstock & Ink: Copics, Brilliance Black, So saffron, Wild Wasabi, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Pewter hodgepodge, Chocolate 5/8 grosgrain, Paper piercing tool, Dew Drops Cowboy, Mini glue dots, Craft Knife, Paper Snips



















This card features a NEW stamp set that will be released September 1 from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps called Turkey Day. I love this little turkey!!!! He is soo cute.

I stamped the turkey on Whisper White and used SU Markers to color him. Ruby Red, More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie, Garden Green, Going Gray, Basic Black, White Gel Pen, Gold Zig Painty, Basic Black

I colored the ribbon with a Copic marker and attached it using a Black hardware piece. There is a fabulous frame that comes in the set to frame your words and I used that around the Happy Thanksgiving text.

Thank you for stopping by! Be sure to check out the other Bloggers Challenge cards! Have a great night!!!

9 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

Very nice Chris...all different, but yet the same. Love all the special added touches each card has unique to itself. Great job.

Nikki Bond said...

These images are sooooo cute! I love the layout too! Great job this week! {SMILES}

Ceal said...

I love that little turkey! can't wait for the new sets

Barb Hardeman said...

Awesome job Chrissy! All three cards are beautiful, the detail on the Monkey Card is wonderful. How cute! Great layouts too...

Debby said...

OMG! These are so cute, I love the monkey, lol, reminds me of my brother when he was little and wanting one. Long story I will tell the group someday. And the turkey is just to darn cute.
Your making me want some of these stamps, I might have to find a job.
Angel hugs
Debby

Anonymous said...

Chris, I love love love that top card. It is so in your face, but in a special kind of way. Great layout, great cards.

:) Marcia

Ida said...

Wonderful job on all your cards. Each one is very unique. For me though that Swing Monkey card is my favorite. So cute!

Tangii said...

I love them all!! They are all too cute!! Once again, my friend, you rock!!!! Awesome, awesome job! Love that monkey & the turkey!
Tangii

Lisa Bohler said...

All three cards are wonderful but that first one is so stunning, I can't stop thinking about it!