Sunday, December 14, 2008

2008 was New Beginnings...


















This year, our Care Ministry at church had a theme of NEW BEGINNINGS. To each person, we had a new beginning of what the Lord was doing within our lives. It looked different for each of us. For myself, it was reconciling a few relationships in my family that have been broken and learning how to FEEL different emotions without feeling like the world was going to end. I do not have that one mastered yet, but I anticipate 2009 giving me more opportunities! ;)

All year our theme was GATES, so as we closed this year in praising GOD for all that He has done in our lives, I thought this stamp set was fitting, so I made each person on our team one of these cards, there were 10 in all.

I used Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps - Thanksgiving Blessings stamp set and colored the image with Copics. They blend beautifully!

As I am closing out 2008 and heading into 2009, I know I am not the same spiritually as I was at the beginning of the year. God has been chipping away at the scars within me, healing me and molding me like clay into some thing more. I know I have not arrived yet, but I look forward to see what He has in store for our family for the coming year. I pray your New Year will be filled with much happiness, joy and good health!

ENJOY THE SEASON! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Chrissy D

12 comments:

Javablustamper said...

What a BEAUTIFUL card Chrissy!! It looks AMAZING!! Hope you are well!!

Kim said...

These are absolutely beautiful!
Hugs~ Kim

Courtney said...

These are beautiful! And prayers for you for the new year. May God make us into the women he intends for us to be!

Jami said...

Oh Chrissy, these are so beautiful. Such wonderful coloring. I too hope that your new year is full of happy new beginnings for you my friend!!
hugs, Jami

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Stunning card!
x Natasha x

*Sally* said...

These are lovely and what a great theme!

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Beautiful coloring and design!

Our Christian growth is exactly that, an ongoing growing. I find it easier to forgive someone else than to forgive myself and close that 'gate'. God will help you in your walk, closing one gate and opening another more meaningful one.
God bless and keep you in the New Year.
Hugs,

Angel said...

This is gorgeously done, Chrissy! Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas and happy 2009!

Christi Flores said...

I totally agree with what Courtney said! Your card is amazing Chris!!

Lee said...

Wow!! What an absolutely stunning design!!! And so meaningful...what a truly beautiful blessing to have had and to share!!!

Anonymous said...

Chrissy, Congratulations on all of the spiritual work you have done this year. I pray for continued growth in the new year, and thank you for sharing this lovely card. The members of your team are sure to love them!!

Deb Wood said...

Wow this incredible!! Fantastic coloring!! Oh my gosh!! I'm just in awe!!