Monday, January 19, 2009

MONDAY DT CHALLENGE #10 - MONDAY MAIL CALL!

Today is MONDAY and that means Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Design Teams Challenge!
This week, I am the host - I chose an INSPIRATION challenge...
For more information about the challenge check out the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps blog!
I really had a hard time this week, the company where my husband works is doing a HUGE lay off today and this week, so we have been a bit distracted with the thought that he may not have a job tomorrow. If you are a praying person, would you please be praying for us and other families who are being affected by our current economy?

Here are the details of my card...
Stamp Sets: A True Friend By Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps
Cardstock: Whisper White, Brilliant Blue, Disney Cinderella DP
Accessories: Primas, fibers, Dew Drops, Button, Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots

Today is MONDAY MAIL CALL CHALLENGE DAY too!
I am challenging myself to send out 3 RAKs. How about you?

Today I will also be focusing on
Proverbs 3:5 "In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths."

Don't forget to check out the other Design Teams Blogs!

Chris Dickinson
Christi Thorsen
Courtney Fowler
Sandy Domelle

Jeanette


I pray you have a blessed day!
Chrissy D

19 comments:

Moni said...

Great card, great flowers! Hugs, Moni

Unknown said...

You are definatly in my prayers! I love the card simple with a dreamy feel. Perfect.

Sally said...

Your card is beautiful. So soft and dreamy. I will definitely be praying for you and your hubby. It is not easy being in the position. Have been there by hubby losing his job permanently x2. Our God has a way of working things out in spite of our worry.

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Proverbs 3:5 will work for your husband, you and your family. You know my prayers continue for your future.

Love this challenge, your card is so sweet.

We don't have mail service due to MLK Day but will have my 3 cards in the mail tomorrow.

Blessings and hugs,

Maria Matter said...

Chris, this is beautiful! Great use of the fibers, so soft looking!
Praying that God's favor is on your DH!
Great scripture for today!
Blessings, Maria

Angel said...

This is perfect! Those flowers are just the right touch for your card!

Tracey said...

A gorgeous card Chrissy!! My thoughts are with you. My hubby has been out of work over a year now so I so know what it is like. Times are tough all around right now!! Hugs xx

Shelly Koskinen said...

This card is so cute. The paper goes perfectly with the theme.

Anna Banana said...

Hi Chris!
I'm praying for you and Adam.
Cutbacks are terrifying - The Lord will hold you in his hand and guide you through this!

On a cheerier note, I really like your card = the colors are so soothing and the card is just very pretty!

Anna Banana

Christi Flores said...

This is beautiful Chris!! You know I am praying for you and everyone who is having this job uncertainty. Every time Todd calls me from work my stomach jumps because I wonder if today is the day he's going to lose his job. I hate these uncertain times but I am definitely putting it all in God's hands and know that he will get us all through this. {{{HUGS}}}

Kathy W said...

nice take on the inspiration- here's hoping things work out for your family!

kc_froglady said...

Chrissy I love the card you shared today! I am sorry you have the added stress of the job situation ... I am walking in those shoes right now too along with some other problems/distractions. I keep turning more and more to my art for a release - I hope it is for you also and helps you to work through things. I will keep you in my prayers

Dannette said...

Beautiful card Chrissy!
I am praying for you and your family and hopefully all will be fine!
Hugs, Dannette

Nancy said...

Beautiful card! Love the soft colors.
Offering a prayer that your husband isn't one to get laid off.
Something for you on my blog.

LINDA said...

Wonderful card!! You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers..I lost my job last week.I know what a worry this is..But thing will get better..Hugs

Jeanette said...

Your card is so dreamy and beautiful! You know that I am keeping you and your loved ones in my thought & prayers! Bon Courage.
Hugs Jeanette

Anonymous said...

I pray for our families every night for economic security. I just had a friend lose his job and his wife is expecting thier 1st child next month. God has a plan no matter what. Phill 4:13

Yvonne Randall said...

That blue card with the flowere is to tpecial. I love to came and look at your blog for inspiration too.

Yvonne

Sally said...

Beautiful, very dreamy!!