Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Hello! Today is the Christian Paper Crafts Magazine New to You Challenge that I host every Wednesday! This week's Challenge is to create a card using the Crimped Envelope Pocket Card. I used the tutorial HERE from Splitcoast Stampers.

Here are the details for my card:
Stamp Set: Dream Silhouettes, His Eye is On the Sparrow
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Perfect Plum, Envelope
Accessories: Eyelet Scalloped Punch, Crimper, Ribbon, Big Shot, Dimensionals, Sponge
This week, we have been busy with Tae Kwon Do practice. My kids are preparing for their first belt test and they are very excited! Between that and catching up with housework from being gone last week, life has been busy!

Despite all of the busyness, I am so blessed. This week at church, we had a special speaker come in. He is a new Pastor applying for a position in our church. He spoke from Jonah 1...the Lord led me to share this with you today...
Jonah 1
Running Away from God
1-2 One day long ago, God's Word came to Jonah, Amittai's son: "Up on your feet and on your way to the big city of Nineveh! Preach to them. They're in a bad way and I can't ignore it any longer." 3 But Jonah got up and went the other direction to Tarshish, running away from God. He went down to the port of Joppa and found a ship headed for Tarshish. He paid the fare and went on board, joining those going to Tarshish—as far away from God as he could get.
,
After hearing Pastor Sam Jackson speak this week, I was challenged to ask myself and really think about what GOD is calling me in? Where or what have I been neglecting or running in the other direct from? My children have me so distracted right now, that I seem to be tending to the immediate needs and have a hard time thinking past what is beyond that. I am hoping this week to really have some treasured moments to really focus on where God has been calling me and where I may not be going in the directions HE wants me too. If you would like to listen to this message, I encourage you to go to www.graceinracine.com and download it to your computer or any other means of listening devices.
I hope you have a blessed day!
Chrissy D

11 comments:

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Lovely card!

Ceal said...

Chris, this is Beautiful!! I am going to have to take that challenge and I may have to use that set. It sure makes a pretty card

Unknown said...

Stunning Stunning

Karen said...

Beautiful Chris!! God's word is inspiring as well - thank you for sharing it. We all should take time to reflect on where God is leading us and whether we are following Him.

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous, Chrissy! I love the way the envelope has a top that comes off. Thank you, too, for sharing that wonderful Scripture reading and thought for today.

Anita said...

Beautiful card!

Vicki said...

How Awesome! Just a stunning card! Your blog is always such an inspiration in so many ways! Blessings to you!

Debby said...

My goodness this is astonishing! Love your color choices.

Dani said...

Gorgeous card, love that set!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. And a wonderful inspiration from scripture.
Barb g (WV)

kc_froglady said...

What a lovely card! I really like the colors you paired together and the stamps work wonderfully for this envelope card.