Saturday, October 17, 2009

SIMPLE FRIENDSHIP

Hello! Have you ever wanted to make something pretty, but just didn't know where to start? I have piles of stamps I am going through as I clean out and found this one that I have barely used and just couldn't resist any more! However, as I looked at it...I was stumped, so I went to Splitcoaststampers and found THIS card by the talented "moonfairyglass".
As you look at the two cards, you will see the differences, because once I got started I couldn't stop froo-froo-ing it up! :)


Here are the details:
Stamps: Simple Friendship by SU, Encouragement by Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps
Paper: Bashful Blue, Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Baja Breeze, Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Dew Drops, Punches, Twill Ribbon, Paper Piercing, Stickles, Dimensionals


The past few weeks, I have been setting some new goals and working very seriously towards losing weight. So far I have lost 12 pounds! I am at the point I am determined to get to my goal this time!

Today I am praying Psalm 91 over my family and for you...

Psalm 91

Safety of Abiding in the Presence of God
1 He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him I will trust.”

3 Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowlera]">
And from the perilous pestilence.
4 He shall cover you with His feathers,
And under His wings you shall take refuge;
His truth shall be your shield and buckler.
5 You shall not be afraid of the terror by night,
Nor of the arrow that flies by day,
6 Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness,
Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.

7 A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you.
8 Only with your eyes shall you look,
And see the reward of the wicked.

9 Because you have made the LORD, who is my refuge,
Even the Most High, your dwelling place,
10 No evil shall befall you,
Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling;
11 For He shall give His angels charge over you,
To keep you in all your ways.
12 In their hands they shall bear you up,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone.
13 You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra,
The young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot.

14 “Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him;
I will set him on high, because he has known My name.
15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him,
And show him My salvation.”

I have to do a few things here but I will be posting some BLOG CANDY a bit later today! Thank you for stopping by. Your comments really make my day!

Many blessings-

Chrissy D

9 comments:

Leah said...

So pretty! Love the blue and brown combo and all your pretty details:)

Anonymous said...

so pretty Chrissy!

Sarah said...

I always look at your blog but don't always comment..but this one took my breath away!
Congrats on the weight loss!

Anonymous said...

Completely charming and totally gorgeous!

Steph Zerbe said...

Gorgeous!!! Congrats!

Holly said...

Oh wow, what a gorgeous card! I love the soft blue and brown colors, and your piercing is so perfect. Beautiful card, girlfriend!!!

Maria Matter said...

Gorgeous Chris!!!

great job on your resolve to lose weight! We pray Ps 91 daily at our house...we say it as a prayer...
"We thank you Father that we dwell in the secret place of the Most High and abide under the shadow of the Almighty. We will say of you LORD...

Saying it so often, we have memorized it easily!

Thank you for sharing your post today!
blessings, Maria

Ceal said...

What a beautiful card! I love that set. Thanks for praying over us we needed it.

Chrisd said...

Great card but the scripture you selected is even better for you to share. Thanks so much.