Friday, March 12, 2010

ODBD Renewing Your Strength...

Hello! I am on Retreat right now in the beautiful valley in Lansing, Iowa at village Creek Bible Camp. If you have a chance and need a retreat they have a FABULOUS staff, wonderful grounds and a perfect time to get away with the LORD... This is actually a Scrapbooking Retreat, but I didnt have any pictures to work on, so I am stamping and RELAXING. This is my time as a mom, wife, home schooler, person... time for me to renew my strength in the LORD.

This card comes at you with a challenge from Our Daily Bread Designs - This week's on assignment challenge SNTODBD5 is to create a card using something NEW. I have incorporated my NEW Origins Basic Grey Paper, Ancestral Jeweled Brads by TPC Studio AND this beautifully drawn Eagle set... I bought over a year ago and have JUST inked it up for the first time!

Another challenge I created this for is the Stampin' Sisters in Christ - The challenge is to create a card that expresses joy or joyfulness and our scripture inspiration is Isaiah 12:6 "Shout aloud and sing for joy, people of Zion, for great is the Holy One of Israel among you." I have listened to praise music all day, praising GOD for His mercy and goodness to me through out my life. What a blessing this is for me to be here enjoying my time in a quiet space, while having the freedom to worship how I choose (stamping and listening to praise music!)



A few more details:
Stamps: On Eagles Wings by Our Daily Bread Designs
Cardstock: Origins Basic Grey DP, Basic Grey, Banana Coordinations, White
Accessories: Copics, Ancestral Pearlized & Jeweled Brads, Nestibilities, Skeleton Leaf, Prima flower, Apple green Smooch, Grey Felt Ribbon


Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have a blessed day!

Chrissy D

8 comments:

Grace said...

Chris this is gorgeous!!! I love this verse and the eagle image... and you've colored it beautifully! What a joyous verse this is! Thanks for playing along with Betty's Stamping in Time! Enjoy the retreat and be refreshed!!!

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful card, Chris! I love that eagle image and verse. You are a great artist. Thanks for sharing your art with us at SSCC.

Betty Wright said...

Chris, this is beautiful! Love the colors and detailing! I love all of your new stuff! I am really impressed with inking this wonderful set up for the first time! We are all so blessed to have NEW stuff to do this craft that we love to do and share with others. Thanks so much for playing Stamping In Time!

Kathy W said...

great details, like the balance of strong eagles and word to soft colors in paper

Ceal said...

Chris this is SO Beautiful!!! I love it

peggysue said...

That is beautiful! From your card and from what you wrote I felt a sense of peace as though I joined you at that retreat for just a tiny moment. Thank you for participating in the Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge this week.

Laurie said...

Lovely card, Chris. I just love that BG dp. Thanks for sharing your card with us at SSCC this week.

Angela Fehr said...

Beautiful card! I love the colour combo you used and the hand-cut eagle is amazing. I have a giveaway for some Unity verse stamps on my blog if you want to check it out! http://scrapsfrommytable.blogspot.com