Tuesday, July 13, 2010

BIRDS AND BUTTERFLIES BACKGROUND WHIMSY


Hello Friends,
Happy Tuesday! I had some time to "play" yesterday and created this card using a few challenges! I even broke outside of my comfort level and used orange and yellow!! I found these cute little butterfly stickers from The Paper Studio that I have had laying around the past few weeks and decided to use those to help embellish this card...

I used the Sweet Stop Sketch SSS64 for my layout/ design. 

I used the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge #47 based on Matthew 11:28 "Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest." The challenge was to Make a card that symbolizes what brings you rest or peace. For example, it could be flowers, an ocean, music, mountains, sitting with a friend, or just reading a book.


I chose the I BRAKE FOR STAMPS Birds and Butterflies plate... I love nature, and the beauty of GOD's creation...I also love creating cards using techniques and this card uses the Technique Junkie Newsletter technique called Background Whimsy, Dye Ink Method. I love using the Technique Junkie Newsletter as it gives such great detail with pictures!!!


Here are a few more details:
Stamps: I BRAKE FOR STAMPS Birds and Butterflies plate


Did you know? YOU can CLICK HERE to save 10% at I BRAKE FOR STAMPS by using this code: SAVE10CHRIS


Cardstock: Tangerine Tango, Riding Hood Red, Glossy White, Black, Apricot Appeal
Accessories: Sponge dauber, White Gel Pen, Butterflies stickers by Paper Studio, Stitched RIbbon by Offray, Dew Drops, Mini Glue Dots, Martha Stewart Punch, Dimensionals


Thank you for stopping by! Have a blessed day!
Chrissy D

10 comments:

Terry said...

Oh Wow! This is absolutely beautiful! You did a wonderful job with this technique!

Becky said...

This is gorgeous. Thanks for playing with us at Stampin Sisters in Christ. Peace :)

Miesje said...

Great colorful card! Thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ, have a week filled with peace!

wwilloww said...

Beautiful use of that technique! I love your card!!

Dana White said...

What a beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with the Sweet Stop

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- (another) gorgeous card!!! TFS

Francie G. said...

Love the wonderful colors and your fab coloring! Beautiful, Chrissy

Cindy Coutts Designs said...

Love these colors together and your collage. Thank you so much for playing with us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges and we would love to see you back next week. God bless! And, thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge too!

peggysue said...

What a gorgeous background, you aced that technique. And i too, love the world around us that God created. Thanks for participating this week with the Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Chrissy - what a gorgeous collage - you have certainly taken stickers to a new level! I love the butterflies and the restful feeling your card has! Sorry I am so slow to comment this week - we have been offline due to storms here - arghhh! Thanks for joining us at the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge this week, we love to have you with us! {{{hugs}}}
Linda SSIC Design Team