Monday, August 9, 2010

BUTTERFLIES - WORN WALLPAPER


Hello Everyone-
I hope you had a wonderful weekend. We had a fun time celebrating my gremlin's birthday and now this week will hold school preparations! Blah! lol Last night, I was up with a sick gremlin though, so not sure what the day holds!


Here are some challenges I participated in for this card:


Stampin' Sisters in Christ: Challenge: create a card of apology or one reaching out to someone and encouraging them to put the past behind them and move forward. Based on this beautiful Scripture Philippians 3:13-14 "Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."
I used butterflies as they always offer HOPE for being able to TRANSFORM into something new and overcome the obstacles of life.


Pile it on Challenge #30 - Create something with Butterflies, Bugs and Bees
Digital Tuesday Challenge - DAZZLE ME (I used stickles)
Crafty Creations Challenge - Summer Lovin' 
Dutch Dare Card Challenge - Anything Goes
Creative Friday #23 - Things with Wings
Artful INKables - Make your own background or use a Background Technique (Worn Wallpaper)

Todays card uses the beautiful I BRAKE FOR STAMPS Birds and Butterflies  stamp with the technique Worn Wallpaper from the Technique Junkie Newsletter



Here are a few more details:
Stamps: I BRAKE FOR STAMPS Birds and Butterflies plate, retired All In a Row by SU (stitching), BG by SU


Did you know? YOU can CLICK HERE to save 10% at I BRAKE FOR STAMPS by using this code: SAVE10CHRIS

Cardstock: Ruby, Garden Green, White, DP was a scrap from my stash
Accessories: Stickles, Prisma Pencils, lace, white lace, Dew Drops

Thank you for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!


Chrissy D

9 comments:

Terry said...

Beautiful!! No wonder I love butterflies!

paulssandy@papertransformer.com said...

What a lovely card. I love how you made the background for it.

Dalis said...

cool card... I love that background. thanks for playing with PIO.

-- dalis
PIO Owner

Frau Ninchen said...

great card!love the butterfly!
thanks for joining us at creative friday!

xx janina

Becky said...

Beautiful card love the background. Thank you for playing with us at Stampin Sisters in Christ.

Anonymous said...

Hi Chrissy, great use of circles! Thank you so much for playing along with us at SSCC and I look forward to seeing yours next week.

Miesje said...

Great design! Love the butterfly. Thanks for playing with us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!

Grace said...

Hi Chrissy! Wow! Love this! Your layout is great with those circle background elements! Love the sparkle and image... thanks so much for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Chrissy!!I love the colors,paper,and that pretty butterfly!!Awesome job!Thank you for playing with us at Stampin Sisters in Christ challenges!
Chris