Thursday, January 20, 2011

Feeling Frosty?

Hello my friends! I am hoping this finds you having a WONDERFUL, WARM day!! Honestly, it is late morning as I type this and I am having a hard time getting my engine started! LOL I need more coffee. As we near the end of the week, here in Wisconsin our weather is supposed to get bitter cold with wind chills well below zero. I believe this weekend we are fore casted to get -25 below zero with the wind chill. Brrrrr Nothing warms the heart though, more than a smile, so my challenge for you today is to SMILE more! I will work on it too, as I find myself this week tired and probably scowling more than I ought. :)



Today, I am sharing a project with one of my favorite winter stamps! Do you find you gravitate to a certain stamp during different seasons? Well this is the stamp I am using A LOT this year! lol The stamp is from  I Brake For Stamps and is called Holiday Squares

I used the Technique Junkie Newsletter and the technique called Sanded Whitewash from the August/ September 2009 issue.

In addition, I used the Creative Inspiration Paints - have you tried these yet? They are soooo creamy, shimmery, versatile and FUN to play with! I just LOVE painting and playing with them.
Here I used the following colors: garnet, charcoal, blue, pumpkin, orange, evergreen


Here are a few more details:
Stamp Sets: I Brake For Stamps  Holiday Squares and Inspirational Phrases
Cardstock: Pacific Point, Bashful Blue, Neenah White
Creative Inspiration Paints - garnet, charcoal, blue, pumpkin, orange, evergreen
Accessories: Aquapainters, Dew Drops, Blue Satin Ribbon, Paper Piercing Tool, Big Shot, Cuddlebug folder snowflakes, Scallop Border Punch, Sanding Block, Gesso, Technique Junkie Newsletter, Dimensionals

You can get more bang for your buck by using this savings code... at I Brake For Stamps,  enjoy a 10% discount by using SAVE10Chris 

Oh... one more note: We are having a fun challenge over at The Brakefest Club with a SNOW THEME! I would love it if you came to play along HERE.

Thank you for stopping by! Have a very blessed day and keep warm!

Chrissy D

3 comments:

Ceal said...

Love it! that snowman is too cute

Terry said...

Funny that you mentioned needing more coffee as I just blogged a coffee tag! Your snowman is quite cute and frosty. Love him! Be safe and stay in with temps like that! Wow, that is very cold!

Anonymous said...

Bravo Chris , elle est magnifique votre carte

AmitiƩ
Isabelle