Tuesday, January 18, 2011

LET IT GROW!!!

Hello! I just came in from outside. Here is SE Wisconsin, we got 5 inches of snow. Two of my children or should I say SON, generously shoveled 2 of our neighbors drive ways and ours. I thought I would give him a break, so I went out and shoveled the heavy, wet snow the snow plows pushed into the end of the drive way. I have now become reacquainted with my mid section again. What a good reminder to stay on the treadmill and start weight training !!! LOL

Yesterday, I took 45 minutes to stamp for FUN! Some times with having created my Stamping Passion into a business, I forget that it is important to play. I absolutely LOVE Mo's Digital Pencil Images from Maurie Manning, and I have not played with them in awhile, so I thought what better way to PLAY than with her images and challenge!

This week's Challenge was "PLAY TIME" . This CUTE  image is available only through Help For Katie - Katie Emmerson Renz married to Kevin with 3 beautiful boys the twins Nate & Will aged 5 and Hunter aged 10 had some news just before Christmas that has rocked their world as they know it. Katie has been diagnosed with stage 4 Stomach Cancer and is currently undergoing her only option which is Chemotherapy.

You can find out more information about HELP FOR KATIE HERE -http://www.jakheath.com/2011/01/help-for-katie.html


I also used the Splitcoast Stampers Clean and Simple Challenge to use an Inspired image by Cindybestampin. You can see more details HERE. And I used the Technique Junkie Newsletter, Sanded Coordinations Technique


Here are a few more details...

Stamps: Mo's Digital Pencil Help For Katie
Paper: White, Coordinations, Black
Ink: Copics, Memento Black
Accessories: Leaf Ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon, Gingham, Sanding Block, Technique Junkies, Big Shot, Cuddlebug


Thank you for stopping by! Have a WONDERFUL day!!!
Chrissy D

7 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

Chris: ADORABLE!!! I've been having fun stamping for FUN lately! Glad you were able to sit down and go in your own direction creatively-very important to keep up with the love of stamping!

Elaine L. said...

How sweet! I really like the ribbon vines...perfect with the image. Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

Traci S. said...

Dear Chris~

This is an adorable card, and you are helping a fellow stamper out! And, play time is essential! Or we burn out.

However, whenever I visit your blog, I leave with a smile. Whether it is a photo of a cat inside a piece of furniture, a generous give-away, a dazzline piece of moving art...you make us feel good. We (I) feel close to you though the blog.

In fact, I think you and your blog are good enough to win an award! So, why don't you stop by the He IS Able blog post (from Monday) and take a look at the award you have won. You have won it because of who you are. Can't do better than that!

He IS Able,
Traci S.

http://He-IS-Able.blogspot.com

Dawn B. said...

Chris this turned out great. I love the little leafy vine you added.. Thanks for joining us at Mo's.

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

Ahhh so SWEET! I love her vine. Reminds me of Jack and the Beanstock. She is super cute!

coldwaters2 said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Chrissy, that image and sentiment are truly super.
Hugs
Lorraine x

The Wired Angel said...

This is adorable, Chris... So glad you joined us at Mo's challenge this week. Your card is perfect for the challenge. Peggy :)