Saturday, January 8, 2011

ODBDSLC43 Something Old/ Something New



Hello Everyone!! Happy Saturday! I was just looking through my photographs and found this card I made in November for a friend whose husband passed away. 


Today is the ODBD Shining Light Challenge and thought this card would qualify!!! My something NEW would be the Viva Paint and the stamp set, With Heartfelt Sympathy although it is not new to ODBD it is new to me! The "old" part of this card is my ribbon and the cardstock - the sage color is a retired color from Stampin' Up!


Here are some more details: 

Stamps: With Heartfelt Sympathy, Randi' Song from ODBD
Paper: Neenah White, Sage Shadow, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Memento Brown, Copic Markers, Sage Shadow
Accessories: Viva Paint, Nestibilities, Chocolate Satin ribbon, Dimensionals, Sponges, Scor-pal, Paper Snips
Techniques: Faux Tile Background



I am preparing to do some more stamping! I hope you have a blessed day! Thank you for stopping by!
Chrissy D

9 comments:

Karin said...

Stunning card! Beautiful verse and great background :)

Traci S. said...

Beautiful card, Chris. And, I really love the bg a lot. It is a wonderful card.

Happy Stamping!

He IS Able,
Traci

coldwaters2 said...

WOW Chrissy this is absolutely stunning that beautiful verse the bulrushes and colours look awesome.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Francie G. said...

Beautiful, Chrissy! Love the warm colors and the use of the cattails! Perfect!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Chrissy, it is awesome to see you play along in our first Shining the Light Challenge for this year!! I sure miss you on the Challenge Team, but I am looking forward to see what you'll be creating for the Scrapbook Team! I love your card, especially this awesome BG and the way you have added the cattails..looks fabulous!! Have a blessed weekend! Hugs, Sabrina

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is just gorgeous Chrissy!! I just love your distressing and design! Thanks for joining ODBD's shining the light challenge this week.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

By the way...we miss you on the ct.

dawnmercedes said...

fabulous card! love the layout.

Silke Ledlow said...

Chrissy, this is one beautiful Sympathy card! Hugs ~S~