Saturday, January 22, 2011

SNEAK PEEK!!! GONE FISHING....


 Hello Everyone... It looks like SHARK BAIT BURTON is headed for trouble! This is a Sneak Peek for I Brake For Stamps and is part of the HUMOROUS SENIORS line. These images were SO MUCH fun to color!!! I will share a few more over the next few days! This set will be PERFECT for your fun relatives or friends for all different occasions!


The card base is the fish bowl die cut from Creative Cuts and More! I created the "wood signs" by printing up the words on my computer and coloring the background with Copic Marker E33 then using a water based brown marker to draw the wood grain. Once I was done with that, I swiped my Espresso Brown ink pad across the sides and along the words  to give it a bit more distressed look.


To create the clouds, I cut a piece of scrap paper to shape them and then grabbed my white craft pad and a sponge dauber and created the cloud background on the Soft Sky card stock. I stamped the image and colored it up with my Copic Markers. To create the high lights in the water, I used my white gel pen!


Here are a few more details...
Stamps:  HUMOROUS SENIORS available at I Brake For Stamps 
Cardstock: fish bowl die cut from Creative Cuts and More save 10% using code CC&M10CHRIS
Ink: Memento Black, Copic Markers, White Craft Ink, White Gel Pen
Accessories: Scrap paper, Paper Snips, Sponge Dauber, Water Dew Drops, Mini Glue Dots


As you shop at I Brake For Stamps, you can enjoy a 10% discount by using the code SAVE10Chris 


Thank you for stopping by! Have a wonderful wintery day!
Chrissy D

8 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Adorable!!!!

Anonymous said...

jolie carte amitié isabelle

Traci S. said...

Hi Chrissy~

This is great! I love it, and I am not a senior...yet! The card is beautifully put together. I thank you for sharing all of your super tips. The clouds really caught my eye. I'm trying to tell if you only daubered around the cardstock shape, and filled it in...it looks raised...is that all in how you colored it? Fabulous details...I will never get the white highlighting! It is wonderful and so is the rest of your card...but I just can't seem to place the white correctly yet. I'll keep trying. I'm guessing the fishbowl is a seperate stamp? That could be used for a million and one reasons. I hope you realized you were awarded an award...check with me, if you don't know about it. Thank you for sharing so much. I love your blog!

He IS Able,
Traci S.

Stressed Stamper said...

Love it - great idea with the fish bowl.
Sarah x

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Love it. The 3-D embellishments are awesome.

I nominated you for an award which you can see tomorrow.

hugs,
Beth

Joan Ervin said...

What a cute stamp, Chris...he looks like my DH...LOL!!! The fish bowl diecut is perfect for this, too, and your signs are just tooo fun!!!!

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

I LOVE the humorous seniors at IBFS!! Love your fishbowl cut out and your sentiments are spot on! Very clever!!

Charlie said...

“Becca at AmazingPaperGrace.com is Sharing the Comment Wealth and I picked you” and it was difficult to decide which card to comment on - but I ended up with this one - - it is so cute and funny and cards for men are often hard to make. Thanks for the inspiration and please drop by and say HI if you feel like it - I blog in Danish AND English - Best wishes CharlieDK