Monday, April 4, 2011

THE ANCHOR THAT HOLDS...

Hello Everyone! Can you tell I am on a BAJA BREEZE (soft blue) kick these days???? I can't seem to get enough of this color and I can not explain why! *smile* Today, I created this card for the Splitcoast Stampers Clean and Simple Challenge and I combined it with the Featured Stamper Challenge too. I used Dandi's card HERE as my inspiration. For the FS Challenge, we are supposed to change a few things... so on my card I changed the stamps, the colors and added some brads and paper piercing around the edge.


I also used the Background Burst Extension from the Technique Junkie Newsletter from the April/ May 2010 Newsletter. I love this technique!!! When you create the backgrounds you get TWO pieces to work with! So you get more bang for your buck! LOL




Here is a close up of the background - very soft and subtle and Ohhhh soooo BEAUTIFUL!




Here are some more details:



Stamps: Anchor from ODBD, Old World Map retired
Paper: Baja, White, Saffron
Ink: White, Baja
Accessories: Pastels, Paper Piercing Tool, Saffron Brads, Sponge Daubers, Wavy Cutter





OK! I am off to get some more work done today! Hope you have a fabulous day!!! Thank you for stopping by!
Chrissy D

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Love that stamp! Very pretty card.

http://nanascreativeplace.blogspot.com

Chris Arlington said...

Very pretty colors and love the verse! Beautiful card.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful- I love that Blue...love your technique and the stamps are lovely!

Traci S. said...

Hi Chris~

This is clean, beautiful, simple lines...and the sentiment makes it so meaningful and comforting! Thank you for making cards like this!

He IS Able,
Traci S.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card!