Wednesday, August 31, 2011

SNAP DRAGONS!

Hello Friends! Welcome to my blog. I had these posts ready, but not scheduled correctly. I ended up going to the Hospital Monday night for severe stomach cramping. While there we discovered my appendix was inflamed and preparing to erupt. They admitted me and I have surgery early Tuesday morning. I am so blessed by wonderful friends. Due to my husband's work situation, we didn't have health insurance until last week! I am giving GOD all of the praise for the hedge of protection, He placed over our family during that transition! 

While I am in pain, GOD has blessed me with such wonderful friends. The timing for surgery happened at a good time. So I can't complain there! :) GOD is SOOOOO Good!!!

Anyways, I am confident that you are wanting to know more about this project! :) This is a die cut from Creative Cuts and More, but I do not recall what Terry is calling it. It is the perfect size for a gift card!!!

For the background on this project I used  Woven Plaid stamped in White Craft Ink, Open Plaid stamped in Mambo Melon. I used Snap Dragon Diamond and Snap Dragon Greeting from DRS Designs

Here are a few more details...
Accessories: Viva Pearl Pen, White Gel Pen, Copic Markers, Paper snips, Dimensionals, Basic Grey Brads, Pink Gingham ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon.


I am entering this project in the following Challenges...
Really Reasonable Ribbon = Keep it Clean!
Ellephantastic - - August: Add some layers
Card Makin' Mamas -  cards only - pink
Jellypark Challenges  punches and/or die cuts



Thank you for stopping by! I hope you have a great day!
Chrissy D

8 comments:

Tammy said...

Amen to that! So glad you are in recovery mode. Take it easy and whatever you do, don't over do!

Love your gift card, the sentiment is priceless and so true!

Jennifer Scull said...

oh my goodness, what a scare! isn't God so good?! :)
so happy to have you playing along in the die cuts/punches challenge at Jellypark Friends.

Ciska said...

Lovely card Chrissy! Sorry to hear about health troubles, hope you are feeling better soon. In the meantime, thanks for sharing your card with us at Card Makin' Mamas!

Karin said...

So glad you are home and resting...And I loved hearing about how God protected and provided for you. He is Great! Lovely coloring on these flowers and I love the funny sentiment!

Jennifer E. said...

This is beautiful--I love all the pink! Nice job with the plaid too. Get Well soon!

ahlers5 said...

I love that sentiment!!! So glad you joined us at Jellpark this week.
Diane

Traci S. said...

Oh Chris! I am so sorry about this ordeal...and you are so right...and so good yourself, to give Him the glory for protecting your family during this time.

I pray that everything went well, and that you will have a complete and quick recovery. I pray that our Lord will heal you with only a word...which only He can do! And, that if surgery is needed, that He will guide every person as they perform their duties. That He will keep their minds focused on you and their job at hand, and that He will take away your pain. For He is the Healer, the Great Physician! Praise God for being there in your time of need...as He always is. And, I love when you shared and gave Him the glory...many of us, myself included, forget to pray with Thanksgiving when things are in peril. Praying that your children will be helpers to you during your recovery...and that they will pray when they are nervous...and draw closer to Him.

Thank you for sharing what was going on with you!

He IS Able!
Traci S.

Traci S. said...

Hi Chris!

I was so busy praying and praising, that I forgot to comment on this wonderful card! I love that bg paper! The sentiment is so funny! Your placement of pearls are lovely...and the beautiful snapdragon is colored beautifully. Is that a stamped image of the diamon shape with the flower behind the sentiment? I never know how to do that...and I love that look! It adds so much to the card. I like the unusual shape of the piece with the colored snapdragon.

He IS Able! <--remember that as you heal!

Traci S.