Wednesday, December 14, 2011

SNOWMEN BRING SMILES


I have TWO posts today - you can see the other one here!


HELLO!!! I love this little snowman - he really makes me SMILE! This card was so fun to make. I do not know about you, but I can get stuck in a "color" rut and use the same colors all of the time. Red is one of my favorite colors, so that is one I use a lot!  I tried a new color scheme for this card instead of the "traditional" winter whites and blues which is what I would gravitate towards to create a wintery feel. I took the Marina Mist card stock and ran it through the Big Shot with the snowflakes cuttlebug folder. Once the card stock was embossed, I sponged it with the White Craft Ink.


I stamped the Heart Swag Snowman with Memento Ink (Tuxedo Black) and colored him with my Copic Markers. I started cutting out the cute snowman but ran out of space, so I placed the remaining heart on the top of the die cut. I used the Spellbinders Elegant Ovals die to stamp the Snowmen Smiles Greeting on and tied a big Satin Red Bow along the bottom portion of the card. Using Mini Glue Dots, I added three Dew Drops in the upper left corner of the card.


I hope you enjoyed my card today! Have a wonderful day and enjoy this Christmas Season! 

2 comments:

jimlynn said...

Bright, fun, and just precious.
Lynn

Dawnll said...

Just love this beauty-fun colors and embossing.
Great job on this one