Wednesday, February 8, 2012

ZEN HEARTS!!!

Hello Everyone! I hope this finds you having a WONDERFUL week!! Todays card is showcasing one of my FAVORITE techniques from the latest Technique Junkie Newsletter, the ZEN STAMPING Tutorial. Not only is there a great tutorial on this, but Pat offers several samples of "Zen" to play with!!!




I used the Square Lattice Embossing Folder from Stampin' Up!  on the white cardstock and layered that on black card stock. I adhered those layers to the red card stock that measures at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2". I stamped the Scattered Hearts Stamp from Drs Designs and then used a Black Spica Copic Pen to create the ZEN technique. I used the Red Spica Copic Pen to color around the hearts to add a little zing to my Zen. I layered this white layer on black card stock and punched the border using the eyelet border punch. The sentiment is called One Line Valentine Greeting I finished the card with this gorgeous Red Satin Ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon.

I hope you enjoyed my project today! Don't forget to come by tomorrow for the DRS Designs Challenge!! Have a wonderful week!
Chrissy D

12 comments:

Julia Aston said...

How fun! love the designs on your pretty hearts!

Carol L said...

This is a fantastic valentine with all of those interesting patterns on the hearts! Love it!

jimlynn said...

Sensational! Love all the different hearts and that big wonderful bow! So very pretty.
LYnn

Janice M said...

Oh i LOVE these hearts!! What a pretty Valentine!

Traci S. said...

Hi Chris~

This is such a wonderful eye-catching card. I would love to do my best to CASE it for my Hubby. May I use your layout and colors? I love this...I don't really understand what the word Zen means but I can Google it.

BTW, you may want to stop by the
He IS Able blog today. *Hint* *Hint*

He IS Able!
Traci Starkweather

You May Win 1-5 Cards Weekly!
http://He-IS-Able.blogspot.com

Danni said...

Pretty card, so striking with the red, black and red colors!

bumblebee creations said...

oh Chrissy--this is just too awesome!! I love the colors you used! Gorgeous!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

So much fun, luv this tech!

Dawnll said...

Hey Girl,
Long time no talk! I was just thinking about you last night during my prayers and said I need to contact you, and then I see your comment!
Wow you have done some amazing pieces, I feel so behind visiting
Talk soon

Mina said...

my Husband does some zentangling sometimes Chrissy, this is stunning and a perfect colour combo for it too
Mina xxx

catherine said...

This is such a beautiful card and love the colours. I have just come across your blog and had a peek around you have some beautiful things on here. I have become your newest follower and looking forward to seeing more of your work
x catherine

Noelle Reese said...

WOW! I love this card! :)